WISE Teaching Assistant/Therapy Assistant
The Woolley Institute for Spoken-Language Education (WISE) is a non-profit organization offering programs and services to children who are hard of hearing, including preschool, therapy, and outreach programs. The Teaching Assistant/Therapy Assistants at WISE work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and Lead Teachers/Therapist in the WISE Preschool Program.
Part-time: hourly, non-exempt, Mon-Fri 24-28 hours per week
Benefits: holiday pay and earned PTO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide developmentally appropriate preschool education using a theme and/or literature-based approach, as well as small group instruction, to meet the varying needs of the children and their different developmental and linguistic levels.
- Implement lesson plans provided by the WISE therapists.
- Prepare/plan activities for sessions as directed by the therapists.
- Gather all materials for sessions as directed by the therapists.
- Prepare instructional materials as requested by the therapists.
- Perform daily listening checks, CI, and hearing aid maintenance.
- Provide care for the children including basic hygiene and basic first aid as needed.
- Assist children with toileting and potty training. Change diapers and pull ups.
- Provide discipline consistent with WISE policies and procedures.
- Serve as language model during lunch, therapy activities, and free play time.
- Perform clerical duties including attendance, progress reports, copying materials, maintaining databases, and other school related information. These duties should not interfere with planning or working with the children.
- Document progress in each child’s notebook every day, initial entries.
- Assist with morning and afternoon carpool.
- Prepare bulletin boards as directed.
- Supervise playground time and lunch time.
- Maintain WISE library including filing and recording all books.
- Provide basic cleaning of classrooms and children’s restrooms.
- Assist with setup and cleanup of parent meetings and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in preschool setting preferred and or special education
- CPR Certification