Got paint, stains or glues sitting around your garage? How about bags of unused yard chemicals or cans of vehicle fluids?
If you do, then now is the time to get rid of them responsibly by bringing them for proper disposal at our annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day!
Participants bringing items will remain in their vehicles with the windows up. Place items to be unloaded in the back of the vehicle, preferably the trunk, pick-up or on a utility trailer.
Other items collected include:
- Batteries (household, car, rechargeable)
- Electronics (including televisions and CRT monitors)
- Household cooking oil and grease (new and used)
- Light bulbs
- Paint (latex, oil, stains, solvents)
- Paper shredding
- Yard chemicals (pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides)
- Prescription drugs and expired over the counter meds
- White goods (large appliances, grills, lawn mowers, etc.)
- Vehicle fluids (antifreeze, gasoline, oil)
For more information contact the Jefferson County Stormwater Program 205-325-8741, or click here
for a printable flyer.